Tidal Life and Data
Tidal Life educates and entertains with stories about boating, coastal travel, and the marine environment. The primary audience for content is U.S. based boaters, cruisers, travelers, and those concerned about the health of the oceans.
Tidal Life http://www.tidallife.com takes privacy and security very seriously.
This policy is to inform you of the type of personal information the site collects and how it is used.
Anonymous Information that Tidal Life Collects
An IP address is an anonymous bit of data dropped by any visitor to a site. It is tracked for security and marketing purposes.
Your browser may also send response headers with generic/anonymized information about the type of browser, computer/device, and ISP you are using, and your location – by country only.
- Google Analytics – helps me discover the type of content users find most interesting and plan future content. (Note: Google does not have access to this data.)
- Lunar Pages Hosting – kept in the server logs so the host can identify and stop bad bot attacks.
- Cloudflare – to help identify and stop bad bot attacks.
- YouTube – if you view a YouTube embedded video on the site, the IP info is sent to YouTube to record that the video has been viewed, just as it would if you had watched it directly on YouTube.
My email list service provider is MailChimp.
In addition to being posted here on the site, notifications of all posts are sent to blog subscribers via email. From time to time, I also have information to share with readers and send that out via email. If you elect to subscribe, your email address will be stored on the Mailchimp servers. You can access your info any time by clicking the Manage Subscription link at the bottom of any email you receive from me.
I never have, and never will share your email address with any person or entity for marketing purposes.
Leaving a comment on one of my posts requires that you identify yourself by email address.
That info is stored in the site’s database, which is housed on the Lunar Pages servers.
If you have chosen to use the Gravatar service so that your happy face displays next to your comments, an anonymized string created from your email address (also called a hash) may be provided to the Gravatar service to verify that the email address you used is connected to that provider.
Transactional and On-Going Service Data
I do not collect any payments through the Tidal Life site at this time.
- Data backups are provided by Updraft and Dropbox.
- Contact Form – my contact form secures you email address and name only in order to be able to respond to questions and concerns, including concerns about data privacy.
Third Party Links
Tidal Life often provides links to helpful resources from other bloggers and vendors.
Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you on their site. I do not control these third-party websites and am not responsible for their privacy statements. I encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
You can disable cookies through settings in your browser. Check with the browser vendor for instructions.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
Tidal Life makes no representation, warranty, or assurances as to the accuracy, currency, or completeness of any privacy polices of 3rd party entities that information is shared with.
You’re welcome to contact me directly if you have questions about the handling of your data.